|The following is provided by
the Professional Association of Custody Evaluators in the US to sensitize those involved
with adversarial divorce situations to the harm caused children by separation from their
parents. It clearly and non-prejudicially explains the motivated processes, outcomes and
corrective procedures of Parental Alienation Syndrome. Memorize it and quote freely
in correspondence with the media, politicians and public regarding the necessity for
rewriting Canada's Divorce Act regarding separation and support of family
members. Most importantly, consider this syndrome in terms of the Equal
Parents of Canada's policies of:
1) Automatic assumption of physical joint custody
upon separation to ensure children's rights and needs for both parents and extended
families in the absence of proven contraindicating evidence.
2) Mandatory separation counselling to prevent PAS and the tragic outcomes on
children from single parenting.
3) Criminal prosecution and loss of custody for false accusations of child abuse
4) Access enforcement equivalent to maintenance enforcement as both are, by
definition, child abuse and neglect.
5) Termination of Legal Aid for non-compliance of court orders obtained through
government funded legal assistance.
Doug Reid (single dad)
4327 Erwin Dr.
West Vancouver, BC
V7V 1H7 604 922 2076
Parental Alienation is a weak parent's imitation of strength.
Erik Hoffer (modified)
Although for the moment women appear to win and men to lose, the truth is that both
are losing out, though not as much as their children.
By Peggie Ward,
Ph.D. & J. Campbell Harvey, J.D.
The Alienation of Children
Back to Divorce Issues: